Five Stones Hostel
285 Beach Road
+65 6535 5607
Subway: the subway in Singapore is known as the Mass Rapid Transit (MRT), it is the most efficient and affordable way of traveling around. Five Stones Hostel is within walking distance of the Bugis MRT station, so getting around the island couldn’t be easier.
Bugis MRT is a short 10 minutes walk from our hostel. Use Exit B and continue along Victoria Street until Arab Street. Turn right at Arab Street and continue along Arab Street until Beach Road. Turn left on Beach Road, cross Bussorah Street and we are right there at 285 Beach Road.
Bus: Bus stop number 01521 is literally at our door step and is used by routes 100, 107, 107M, 961, 961C, and 980. The Singapore Hop On Hop Off bus also stops at the stop at our door step.
From the Airport by MRT: Getting to Five Stones Hostel from the airport is straight forward:
1. Walk to Changi Airport Station
2. Board the train towards Tanah Merah Station in about 4 min and alight at Tanah Merah Station, two stops later.
3. Board the train towards Joo Koon Station in about 4 min and alight at Bugis Station, 8 stops later.
4. Take Exit B and walk along Victoria Street to Arab Street.
5. Turn right on Arab Street and walk its end at Beach Road
6. Turn left on Beach Road and in a few steps you will reach Five Stones Hostel at 285 Beach Road.
From the Airport by Taxi: If you prefer comfort and speed, simply hop on to a taxi at Changi Airport. Let the friendly taxi uncle take you to “285 Beach Road, opposite the Park Royal“. Beware though, taxi rides from the airport will cost you anything between S$25-S$35, depending on when you board, due to various surcharges for peak periods and electronic road pricing (ERP) surcharges.
If you really must take a taxi, we advise you to avoid rush hours between 730am-9am, as well as 6pm-8pm. Fares after 1130pm come with late night surcharges ranging from 30%-50%.
The favourite site to plan your public transport trips in Singapore is gothere.sg