Weather in Singapore
Partly cloudy. Low 25C.
Chance of Rain
Some clouds early with showers likely in the afternoon, and a thunderstorm is possible. High near 30C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 80%.
Partly cloudy skies. High 32C. Winds N at 10 to 15 km/h.
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 34C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 33C. Winds NNE at 15 to 25 km/h.
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 33C. Winds NE at 10 to 15 km/h.
Singapore, true to its reputation, is a sunny tropical island 90% of the time. First time visitors to Singapore may be surprised by the hot and humid weather here, so Five Stones Hostel has decided to teach you how to ‘arm’ yourself to tour sunny Singapore!
Five tips to tackle Singapore weather:
- Know thy enemy – The temperature in Singapore hovers between a high of 35 degrees celsius mid-day to a low of 25 degrees celsius at night. Humidity levels are usually high, exceeding 90% on most days. This means you will generally break into a sweat if you walk outdoors for more than 10 minutes. Showers are occasional and generally do not last more than 30mins, except during November to January.
- An umbrella, a hat and a pair of sunglasses are a must to keep yourself out of direct sun throughout a full day of sightseeing. For added comfort, bring along an electric hand-held fan.
- Wear 100% cotton clothing to keep yourself cool – short sleeve tops, bermudas and flip-flops are the default local garb of locals and tourists alike.
- Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate – what comes out as sweat must be replenished constantly throughout the day. Bring a bottle of water with you, or grab fluids at the numerous cafes and shops around. A 500ml bottle of water costs around S$1.50 at small provision shops but can go up to S$3.00 if you buy them within tourist attractions.
- Plan your sightseeing – try to include visits to nearby air-conditioned shopping centers/cafes/MRT stations in your itinerary. That way, you can get out of the heat and cool off in between sights. A visit to a spa or foot reflexology outlet will do wonders to revive the wanderlust in you.